Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] inband signaling usb host

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] inband signaling usb host
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:40:38 -0400

On 3/14/07, George Nychis <address@hidden> wrote:
What's the downside to this: "it freezes the analog AGC for the duration of the
packet."
Feed my lack of an EE background...  Thibaud is out of town for me to poke him
:D

If a fade occurs within a signal, you could possibly lose data - or if
a LOS path clears up, you could experience a large amount of energy
and clip the ADC.

On the other hand, the less twiddling the AGC does, the better chance
an equalizer has on determining the bits that were sent.

Brian