Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP packet parsing

From: Thibaud Hottelier
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP packet parsing
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 16:05:24 -0400

Brian Padalino wrote:

Looks cool to me.

32-bits should be OK. What problems do you think you may have an issue with?

None particularly. There is no 32 bits wide bus in the fpga currently, so I thought that it might use too many connections.

You will probably have to create your own FIFO from the lopsided RAM.
I don't think there is a way to infer a RAM where side A is a
different size than B.  The skip functionality is pretty straight
forward, and you probably just need empty and full flags.  That
shouldn't be difficult.

Ok.

They have a version of ModelSim you can download and use the Altera
blocks all for free.  I'd recommend just using that and not going
through the Altera tool.  Write a normal testbench and test out that
FIFO.

I'm downloading it :) .

If you need me to verify any results or help with any of your coding,
just ask.  I have ModelSim along with the Altera tools available to
me.

Thanks. I'm sure I will need your expertise.

Brian

Thibaud