Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP packet parsing

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP packet parsing
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 18:30:50 -0700

On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 03:15:22PM -0400, Thibaud Hottelier wrote:
> I updated the wiki page
> (http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/UsrpTxModifications) again, added the
> command block FSM and renamed the fifos as Eric proposed. If nobody see
> any major problem, I can start to implement these modifications by
> working on the tx_usb_block.

Hi Thibaud,

On the UsrpTxModifications page you show tx_usb_fifo being 16-bits in,
32-bits out.  tx_usb_fifo also requires two clocks.  This
configuration isn't supported (see "Cylone Device Handbook", section
III, Memory)

This arrangement should work fine:

tx_usb_fifo:    16 bits in, 16 bits out, two clocks

tx_chan_fifo_X: 16-bits in, 32 bits out, one clock

tx_cmd_fifo:    16-bits in, 32 bits out, one clock

Eric