[Discuss-gnuradio] MacPorts for Intel - newbie question

From: jonathan.mitchener
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] MacPorts for Intel - newbie question
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 16:02:29 +0100

Hi (from a newbie here to Gnu Radio),

Just trying to wet my feet in all this… trying to build the software on a new Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook with OSX 10.4.9…

Was following the notes from Jon Jacky & Michael Dickens about OSX installations…
Started the pre-requisites …
Installed Xcode 2.4.1.
Installed Subversion.
Installed MacPorts as suggested in Jon's notes from a DarwinPorts-1.0.dmg but when I went to update it using
        sudo port -d selfupdate
I got the message:
        Failed to initialize ports system, no suitable image found.  Did find:
        /opt/local/share/darwinports/Tcl/pextlib1.0/Pextlib.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture
which even to a limited tech like me suggests it was expecting PPC ?

I also tried the more detailed description in Michael's document using the script dp_inst.csh on page 3 but got the same errors, presumably for the same reason.

Of course without MacPorts working, I am not likely to get much further with my GR install!   Sorry to ask for such basic help but would appreciate any pointers either on or off list.

Thanks,
Jonathan

--
Jonathan Mitchener
Principal Research Scientist - Devices

BT Group plc
Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
Registered in England and Wales no. 4190816 This electronic message contains information from BT Group plc which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or email (to the numbers or address above) immediately. Activity and use of the BT Group plc E-mail system is monitored to secure its effective operation and for other lawful business purposes. Communications using this system will also be monitored and may be recorded to secure effective operation and for other lawful business purposes.