Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] inband packet encoding/decoding daemon

From: George Nychis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] inband packet encoding/decoding daemon
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 02:08:00 -0400

George Nychis wrote:

 >   top-block:
 >

 >                           application
 >                           control block
 >                           GUI, whatever
 >                               ^
 >                               | cs
 >               samples         |
> | cs (control/status port "tune", "interp" ...)
 >              out    in        v              out    tx1
 >      sig_gen<--------> smart usrp front end <---------> usrp_usb_daemon
 >

 > Also, we may want to compose the "smart usrp front end" and the
 > usrp_usb_daemon, and split the control from the data ports.  Let's make
 > something work, then we can revisit this when we've got some experience.

Oh yeah, one more thing... what is your logic behind adding a smart usrp front end? Just to make sure we're on the same page...

If I were to take a stab in the dark, the smart front end knows whether a channel has been allocated, and query the daemon if not? Basically it is acting as one central location for all of the output ports on the application, whether they be status or samples, and interfaces with the daemon to setup the proper channels and transmit the frames, etc... ?

- George