Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DBSRX and GPS - which gain?

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DBSRX and GPS - which gain?
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 13:20:10 -0700

Chris Stankevitz wrote:
What should I set the gain to ("set_gain()") when receiving GPS signals on the DBSRX? I've been trying to use the "guess and check" approach with no luck.

This is highly dependent on how much gain your active antenna provides, how much feedline loss you have, etc. Since the signal level is pretty constant, I would increase the gain at least until the broadband noise is at least about +/- 1000 ADC counts. That will still give you 24 dB of headroom

Matt