Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Mblocks

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Mblocks
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 10:45:45 -0700

On Fri, Apr 06, 2007 at 01:28:22PM +0200, COLSON Nicolas RD-TECH-GRE wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> We started working with the mblock extension for our reconfigurable
> radio project. We went through the source code, understood how
> everything's work and did some very small hacking to ease on the fly
> reconfiguration.
> Current status of the mblock development is almost sufficient for what
> we want to do. However, the simulation speed is highly dependent on the
> future multi-threaded runtime scheduler.
> We then would like to know if you plan on working on it soon or if we
> should implement the multi threaded property by ourselves.
>
> Thanks in advance for the answer,
> Nicolas Colson

I'm working on it right now.  The first working mblock scheduler will be
multi-threaded.  I have no plan for a single threaded scheduler.

I'll merge my developer branch into features/inband later today.
features/inband is where the mblock + usrp inband development is
taking place.  If you haven't already, you may want to subscribe to
commit-gnuradio <http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/MailingLists> or
watch the timeline in Trac.

Eric