Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Mode S and ADS-B

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Mode S and ADS-B
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 12:14:10 -0700

On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 08:24:46PM +0200, Martin Dvh wrote:
> Hew How Chee wrote:
> > Hi Martin,
> >

> >>I have been using the code with an external tuner
> >>frontend and did some experiments with fm-receiving,
> >>which just works fine.
> >

> > Interested to know what is the speed of the CPU that
> > you are using and how many percent of the CPU power
> > has been used up.

> I have a dual-core AMD athlon 64 X2 3800+ (2x2 Ghz)
> I think only one CPU is used by gnuradio.
> I haven't looked at the processor percentages  in detail.

Excellent!  Glad to hear you got a new machine ;)

Are you using gr.fir_filter_ccf or gr.fft_filter_ccc?

(There's no fft_filter_ccf since the cost for complex taps is the same
as float taps in the FFT version.  _ccc will accept real taps in the
argument list and convert them to complex automagically.)

Eric