Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] MATLAB/Windows and the USRP

From: Trond Danielsen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] MATLAB/Windows and the USRP
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 16:28:28 +0200

2007/4/19, Kevin Rudd (Contractor) <address@hidden>:
Hello all,
   I just received my USRP and I have successfully installed GNURadio on my
Linux box.  I am just starting to dabble with the code a bit.  I am very
much a Windows/MATLAB developer, so I think I could be far more productive
if I could just stream the baseband waveforms to and from the USRP from
MATLAB.  I see on Ettus's site that some are working on a MATLAB interface.
I would like to contribute to this effort.  Does anyone have a good starting
point?  Are there any windows drivers (dll's or source)?

Hi,

If you want to do off-line analysis in matlab, python or octave, a
solution that works for me is to just record a suitable amount of data
with usrp_rx_cfile.py, and thereafter do whatever I like in my
high-level language of choice. It might not be the best solution if
you want to tweak USRP parameters from Matlab, but it works.

--
Trond Danielsen