Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] MATLAB/Windows and the USRP

From: Jonas Hodel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] MATLAB/Windows and the USRP
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 10:04:03 +1200

Hi Kevin,

I think the capabilities that we are developing at the moment are related. What we soon hope to achieve is a USRP server (Linux box running GNU Radio with a USRP), servicing clients (only one at this stage) that are running Windows/Matlab. Communications occur over TCP/IP. The server will recognise a range of commands such as “set_rf_tx_freq”, “set_rf_tx_power”, “play_file” etc. The end results will be the ability for the remote client machine to generate waveforms and control the USRP from within Matlab. At this stage server feedback to the client (other than error reporting) is not required. I think though, that what you want is Windows/Matlab/GNU Radio/USRP on the same machine.

(P.S, sorry if I have screwed up the "reply" process, not entirely sure if I'm doing it right)

Jonas

addressee.  It is subject to copyright, is confidential and may be
lost by reason of this transmission.
other act on the email.