Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FFT Spectral smoothing

From: Peter Monta
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FFT Spectral smoothing
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 11:09:07 -0700

i'd like to do spectral smoothing on an FFT in real time through
GNU_RADIO.

Is there a function that will allow me to do this in the GNU_RADIO
modules?

Are you referring to smoothing FFT bins over time or over frequency?

I guess he means time.  This would greatly improve
the FFT demos, since currently there is no "video
filtering", as the spectrum analyzer folks say.

A more flexible spectral estimate would allow showing
nice clean noise floors at the expense of a little
measurement time.

Cheers,
Peter Monta