[Discuss-gnuradio] why some components are skipped?

From: zhifeng
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] why some components are skipped?
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 12:25:50 -0400

Hi,
When I install GNU Radio in Ubuntu 7.04, after ./configure, there are
some components skipped. I follow the wiki strictly in gnuradio.org and
find some other people also have such issues, but I can't find answer for:
1. What is the reason these components are skipped?
2. whether it may impact the followed "make" command and normally usage
of GNU radio later?

I try to read configure.ac, but still don't understand. My computer
configuration as below, by uname:
Linux james-desktop 2.6.20-16-generic #2 SMP Thu Jun 7 20:19:32 UTC 2007
i686 GNU/Linux

here is log:

The following GNU Radio components have been successfully configured:

config
omnithread
gnuradio-core
pmt
mblock
usrp
gr-usrp
gr-audio-alsa
gr-audio-oss
gr-atsc
gr-cvsd-vocoder
gr-gsm-fr-vocoder
gr-pager
gr-radio-astronomy
gr-trellis
gr-video-sdl
gr-qtgui
gr-wxgui
gr-sounder
gnuradio-examples

You my now run the make command to build these components.

The following components were skipped either because you asked not
to build them or they didn't pass configuration checks:

gr-audio-jack
gr-audio-osx
gr-audio-portaudio
gr-audio-windows