Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] why some components are skipped?

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] why some components are skipped?
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 09:33:08 -0700

address@hidden wrote:

> When I install GNU Radio in Ubuntu 7.04, after ./configure, there are
> some components skipped. I follow the wiki strictly in gnuradio.org and
> find some other people also have such issues, but I can't find answer for:
> 1. What is the reason these components are skipped?
> 2. whether it may impact the followed "make" command and normally usage
> of GNU radio later?

Your system configured normally.  The instructions in the Wiki give you
the required prerequisites to install the base components.  In addition,
many components don't have any further requirements, so they get
configured for installation as well.  What you are seeing are optional
components that need further packages installed in order to compile.

> The following components were skipped either because you asked not
> to build them or they didn't pass configuration checks:
>
> gr-audio-jack
> gr-audio-osx
> gr-audio-portaudio
> gr-audio-windows
> gr-comedi
>
> These components will not be built.

The gr-audio-jack component requires the Jack audio library to be
installed; the default is to use ALSA, which is what your system
detected and used for audio.  The same is true for the portaudio component.

The OS/X and windows audio components will only work on those operating
systems, so this is normal.

Finally, gr-comedi requires libcomedi, but this is a specialized I/O
library for some obscure data acquisition hardware, so you likely don't
need that either.

So in short, you're good to go.  'make' and 'make check' should work
normally.

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Enterprises LLC