[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: GnuRadio, VLF, Metal Detecting...

From: Giuseppe Luca Scrofani
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: GnuRadio, VLF, Metal Detecting...
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 21:37:50 +0200

Thanks Chris, and the idea of a coils array is great!

Thanks for the link Eng. Firas :)

My idea is to generate 100 pulses at 6000 Hz per second for a duration of 1/200 second (this values are not absolute and it should be easily changed).
Betwenn pulses, the script have to "switch" from this "transmission mode" to "receive mode", registering through an antenna + amplifier the presence of signal from the eddy current generated in the metal objects during the tx. If there is a "bouncing" signal, there is metal, if not, nothing to dig :D
A simple sound card in my opinion can manage this freqs.

Therefore:

TX

every second from a gnuradio .py script 100 pulses its generated, this signals from the aux line is first externally amplified, then transmitted from a coil/antenna

RX

100 times every second after every pulse the same script, from another amplifier and coil/antenna connected to mic in line, analyze the radiowaves in search of a 6000 Hz "bounce"

What do you think? Can you help me with the base of the code for a quick start? I'll share my achievements

PS: Sorry for my english :D