[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP as relay

From: pratik hetamsaria
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP as relay
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 04:54:12 +0100 (BST)

hi

I have been trying to make the USRP work as a relay for quite some time and not been able to do so. I want to transmit whatever data the USRP has received.

I have been working on rx_voice.py for reception of my audio files.The flow graph is connected like :

self.u = usrp.source_c(0,decim);
fg.connect(self.u,  self.chan_filt, self.packet_receiver)

The reception of packets is perfectly fine in this case. Now, the curious thing which is happening is that when i also make the usrp as the sink and connect the flow graph as

self.dst = usrp.sink_c(0,interp);
fg.connect(self.u,  self.chan_filt, self.packet_receiver)
fg.connect(self.u, self.dst);

then i also stop receiving any packets. I am not able to understand why is this happening. At least the reception of the packets should not have changed, leave aside the retransmission part. I am using a single Flex 900 board so i dont think that might be causing the problem.I dont think that making the connection as

Data from usrp ----> Data to usrp

is wrong. If its so,then let me know and is it necessary to put some kind of filter between the 2 to make it working. Also, i dont think that making the flow graph as

Data from usrp----> data demod -----> data remod ------> Data to usrp

would make any difference. I also want to retransmit at a different frequency. So, is it necessary to demod and remod or whether just setting the usrp at that retransmission frequency would solve my purpose.

Reading from the previous archives i have found that it should not be much of a problem in making such a thing work but somehow its not working in my case.

I would be very grateful if somebody could help as its been quite long since i am stuck onto this problem.

Thanks
Pratik Hetamsaria