Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Why 4 ADC's?

From: Jeff Brower
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Why 4 ADC's?
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 00:54:19 -0500

Ian-

> Ok, that makes sense.  Looking back at this site
> (http://www.nd.edu/~jnl/sdr/docs/tutorials/4.html#tth_sEc2.1) I see
> that the DDC is combining the I and Q inputs to do complex
> multiplication.  I originally thought it was multiplying the I and Q
> components separately, so that no input to Q would mean zero output
> for Q also.

The schematic for the BasicRX daughterboard (lfrx.pdf) shows the board is *not*
bringing out I and Q data separately.  There are two possible antenna inputs,
brought
to Vin-A and Vin-B.  I and Q data is generated in the USRP board logic by
complex
multiply less than 30 MHz.  I haven't verified in the logic yet, but the results
should be either one set of I-Q data (for one antenna) or two sets (if both RF
inputs
are used).

-Jeff