Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FPGA .rbf file

From: Michael P Buettner
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FPGA .rbf file
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 15:34:56 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 10:59:33AM -0400, Steven Clark wrote:
> Hi all-
> > I noticed that both the usrp.source and usrp.sink blocks have the ability to
> specify the .rbf bit file for the FPGA.
> > Does that mean that in the following: > > > self.usrp_in = usrp.source_c (fpga_filename="file_A.rbf")
>self.usrp_out = usrp.sink_c (fpga_filename="file_B.rbf")
>

>Only file_B has any effect? When does the file get loaded?

Last one wins.  It gets loaded in the constructor.

Eric

Is this true?  I have an application that has both a usrp.source_c and a usrp.sink_c.  If
I use the "fpga_filename" parameter for only one of those calls, the receive
channel does not work and I see a continuous stream of 'u0s'. However, if I use specify
the same rbf in both calls, all is well.

michael