[Discuss-gnuradio] hangup in make process

From: vsrk sarma
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] hangup in make process
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2007 16:40:50 +0530

I am trying to install gnuradio-3.0.3 on HP/Compaq nx6115 loaded with OpenSuSE10.2 64 bit (CD) version.
after several unsuccessful attempts and amends, following GNU Radio components are successfully configured:
gnuradio-core
gnuradio-examples
gr-audio-alsa
gr-audio-oss
gr-gsm-fr-vocoder
gr-radio-astronomy
gr-trellis
 configure is failing for other components.
However, 'make' process is hanging at the line:
gnuraudio_swig_python.cc:3493 with warning:'dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules'
Though such warning is seen in earlier lines of log process did not stop. similar message and hang-up is seen
 when I try to 'make' only gnuradio-core. In both cases disk activity continues suggesting unending loop.
Is it possible to rectify?
Is it possible to run gr with only few components installed?
Can software be tested without hardware installed?
Is 512MB RAM adequate?

As I am new to the field I want gain experience & confidence, before purchasing hardware.

--
vsrk sarma
+91 98498 64184