Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: hangup in make process

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: hangup in make process
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 11:10:54 -0700

On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 03:10:06AM -0700, vsrk sarma wrote:
> resending following query as no reply is posted. any advice?

FYI, You didn't get an answer the first time, since you asked the same
question that was asked about 1 hour earlier on the same day.

Answer: 512MB is not adequate.  g++'s resident set size is about 750MB
when compiling some of our code.  This leads to constant paging on
small memory systems.  If you try building the svn trunk instead of
3.0.3 the footprint is smaller, but 512MB is still a bit on the small
side.

Around here, 1GB of RAM is about 50 USD ;)

Eric