[Discuss-gnuradio] Looking for some help

From: Max Moser
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Looking for some help
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 22:01:37 +0200

Dear list members,

as you might remember from an earlier post of mine, i do some research on radio keyboard transmitters and their csk and miller encoding. I did find some interesting points so far using a radio scanner/receiver and a soundcard. After collecting some wavefiles i wrote a small decoder that tries to get data out of the transmission. So far so good. But :-) As usual there is a but. The decoding results aren't that great because i had a lot of issues with soundcard filters etc, so depending on where recorded the quality was different depending on volume recorded etc. Anyway...long story short..my boss likes my work and ordered a USRP + the required rx/tx boards. I tried to figured out how to use the gnuradio-suite but to be honest most of your radio discussions are currently far from my "modulation skills".

Maybe someone on the list would help me through the process of making a receiving application for that specific frequencies and i add then my decoding etc and we all see what's coming out of it. I'm not an idiot so maybe one or two short icq/skype/irc sessions are suffice to get me quickly up to speed regarding the concepts behind the gnuradiosuite and how to use it.

I don't ask for a person doing the work just some guidance in the beginning. I would also promiss to document the process so that another newcomer maybe finds it more easy to understand it, because the documentation, especially the basic concepts aren't that clear for me.

Also i think it should be done off-list and presented the results and howto to the list because i will have to ask some more questions i think :-)

Greetings

Max Moser