Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: SVN Compile Error Under Cygwin: Omnithread St

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: SVN Compile Error Under Cygwin: Omnithread Stuff
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 00:46:56 -0700

On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 05:10:12PM -0400, Don Ward wrote:
> [...]

Here's a bit of background on this issue:

Though Don's patches do work around the problem that we see on Cygwin,
they violate the "write it once" principle.  That is, they force us to
encode in multiple places the external dependencies of particular
libraries.  This is just plain ugly and encourages bit rot.
The libtool .la files already contain this information.  It may be
that libool needs some work for Cygin, though I'm not sure about this.

Eric