[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: File format question

From: Patrick Strasser
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: File format question
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 15:56:02 +0200

Bahn William L Civ USAFA/DFCS schrieb:

I would prefer to use the constants that have been set up so that the
code is (1) more readable, and (2) more maintainable. So instead of
using "8" for complex, I would like to use gr.sizeof_"whatever". But I
don't know what "whatever" needs to be. Where do I find this?

Python has nice reflection/inspection capabilities, so you're able to
list the content of a package. Doing this "by hand" is somewhat cumbersome, have a look at the module inspect[0].

I would recommend to use pyalamode from the wxPython project (should be
packaged in a decent distribution, like python-wxtools in Debian[1])
pyalamode allows you to browse packages and does autocompletion, so you
type "gr.sizeof_" and get a list of all available sizeof_<type>s.

Patrick asdf

[0] http://www.python.org/doc/2.4.4/lib/module-inspect.html
[1]
http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?word=pyalamode&searchmode=searchfiles
Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at tugraz dot at>