[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Porting GNURadio to arm-linux platform - build De

From: Patrick Strasser
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Porting GNURadio to arm-linux platform - build Debian package
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 11:22:31 +0200

Younghun Kim schrieb:
Thank you for the link. I should try those debian packages, although I
wanted to customize the gnuradio packages for my purpose.

This is no problem. Debian supports building packages on your own, with your own change set.

In general you do: (# as root/sudo, $ as user)
# apt-get update
# apt-get install build-essential # Compilers, linker, -dev stuff
$ apt-get source <package>
$ apt-get build-dep <package>
$ cd <packagename>-<current verion>
$ -> do your changes
$ dch -i # update package version so it won't be overwritten on update
$ debuild # or dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
$ cd ..
# dpkg -i <newbuilt package.deb>

Share and enjoy!

The Debian Reference[0] and the New Maintainers Guide[0.5] will help you. Short explanation at Building Custom Debian Packages[1]

[0] http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-package.en.html#s-port
[0.5] http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/ch-build.html
[1] http://www.dit.gov.bt/admin/index.php?title=Custom-packages&redirect=no

Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at tugraz dot at>