Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Recovering x(t) from IQ samples

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Recovering x(t) from IQ samples
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 21:49:33 -0400

On 8/20/07, Chris Stankevitz <address@hidden> wrote:
> Does it come with a debugger? I'd love to get into it, but things like
> learning how to debug/compile/etc are what scare me personally.

Sure, check out Icarus Verilog and GTKWave.  You basically write a
testbench to stimulate your inputs, and make sure your outputs toggle
the way they should.

Or if you want to get into non-free software, check out ModelSim.
Both Xilinx and Altera have bundled versions.

With enough proper testing, you should be able to get a good 99%
coverage on all statements and logic - which should be pretty darn
good.

Links:
    http://home.nc.rr.com/gtkwave/
    http://www.icarus.com/eda/verilog/