Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with 8-bit option and dropped samples

From: Chris Stankevitz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with 8-bit option and dropped samples
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 20:24:45 -0700

Lisa Creer wrote:
I decided to try decimating by 4 without specifying the 8-bit option, and I received the 'uO' indicating that samples were dropped from the USRP to host, but data was displayed on the graph, and it was 16MHz wide. What's going on?

Lisa,

I'm not sure from what angle you're wondering "what's going on" but let me say

1. No surprise that samples are being lost while you run usrp_fft.py. This is normal for me, especially while I am resizing the window. Presumably resources are devoted to running GUI tasks and the USRP bits get dropped.

2. No suprise that even though you are losing data, the FFT is still displayed. A valid FFT can be calculated even with missing samples.

Chris