[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Problem with 8-bit option and dropped samples

From: Patrick Strasser
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Problem with 8-bit option and dropped samples
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 09:24:23 +0200

Lisa Creer schrieb:
Any idea what is happening here? I'm wondering if my signal is so weak, that the 8-bit option is truncating all the data off. When running usrp_wfm_rcv.py I can only get one strong FM radio station.

Are you using a decent antenna? I used a stretched paper clip[0], which worked which just worked to get some strong stations. Using a proper and cheap FM Antenna with an adapter cable lets me receive more station than most Radios.

Patrick
Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at tugraz dot at>