Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions on US digital cable ...

From: Jan Schiefer
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Questions on US digital cable ...
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 22:01:00 -0700

Vijay,
I would highly appreciate it if you can capture a few QAM-64
snapshots. I was able to successfully demodulate signals captured from
a QAM modulator, but I don't have access to a real-world cable source.
I guess the python script "usrp_rx_cfile.py" (in the examples
directory) can be used to capture samples. We need at least 16 MHz
sampling frequency for symbol timing recovery to work properly.
My TVRX is on a UPS truck somewhere. As soon as it arrives, I'll give it a shot.

Cheers,
  Jan