[Discuss-gnuradio] laptop recommendations

From: Roshan Baliga
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] laptop recommendations
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 11:36:38 -0700

Hi All,

I looked through the gnuradio archive, and couldn't find this topic, so I'm posting.

Does anyone have a current recommendation for a laptop for use with gnuradio? I've never had a problem with any desktop running Ubuntu 6.0.6, but the first laptop I tried (Dell Latitude D520) had rx overruns. I'm guessing the USB 2.0 chipset it uses sucks.

In any case, if anybody uses a laptop with ubuntu and gnuradio, I'd love to know about it, because I need to buy a laptop for some testing. Preferably something on the cheaper side, but not a 8 lbs brick.

-Roshan