[Discuss-gnuradio] Help needed with FPGA

From: S Mande
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help needed with FPGA
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 18:02:09 -0400

Hi,

I am trying to add some functionalities to the existing FPGA in USRP.

I went through the mailing list and figured out that the current Verilog/VHDL code implementation occupies 90% of FPGA's resources. However, there were some mails that pointed that reducing some reveiver functionalities could free some FPGA resources.

Any help as to how I can proceed with this i.e. reducing receiver functionality and freeing up FPGA resources? Also if I should try implementing some easy additonal functionalities in the FPGA,(so as to not damage the USRP board) then which one should I go ahead with?

Are there any C++ blocks that I can try implementing in VHDL/Verilog code in FPGA and improve performance?

I would be grateful if some of you could help me / point in the right directions with the above questions.

Thanking you,

S Mande.