Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DECT anyone?

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DECT anyone?
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 10:36:33 -0800

On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 06:51:05PM +0100, Alexander List wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm currently investigating the possibilities to do DECT with GNU Radio.
> I currently have a USRP1 with BasicRX/TX. If possible, I'd like to avoid
> buying the RFX1800 because of budget reasons (I'm a student right now),
> so do you think it's feasible by "abusing" the RF part of a used DECT
> base station?

That sounds like the hard way.  You could end up spending a long
time trying to kludge up some hardware when there's already a working
solution.

> I noticed that DECT is on the wishlist, and it sounds like a nice
> project for a master's thesis...

If you're serious about this as a project for your master's thesis
and you're willing to contribute the code to the project, we can
probably find some way to get you a daugtherboard.  Will the
university pay for the daughterboard?

> is anyone already working on DECT?

Johnathan did a bit of work a while ago.  Not sure where that code
ended up.  I thought it was in "limbo", but I didn't find it there.

DECT would be a great demo!

Eric