Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Another basic question please

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Another basic question please
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 14:29:04 -0800

On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 09:26:37PM +0000, address@hidden wrote:
>    Hi,
>
> Have UBUNTU 7.10 installed.  Trying to install gnuradio for USRP.
> Following instructions at http://gnuradio.utah.
> edu/trac/wiki/UbuntuInstall
>
> Firas & Shivvaan have been a great help but I am now stuck at the
> following:
>
>  * C++ interface to the USRP; provides a good estimate of the maximum
> throughput (non-quantized) between the host computer and the USRP.
>
>       cd usrp/host/apps
>       ./test_usrp_standard_tx
>       ./test_usrp_standard_rx
>
> I receive the following (have added sudo) I get the same without sudo:
>
> address@hidden:~/qwt-5.0.2/gnuradio/gnuradio-
> examples/python/usrp$ sudo ./test_usrp_standard_tx
> sudo: ./test_usrp_standard_tx: command not found
> address@hidden:~/qwt-5.0.2/gnuradio/gnuradio-
> examples/python/usrp$ sudo ./test_usrp_standard_rx
> sudo: ./test_usrp_standard_rx: command not found
> address@hidden:~/qwt-5.0.2/gnuradio/gnuradio-
> examples/python/usrp$
>
> Your help would be appreciated.
>
> Frank
> Hampshire
> England

Please note the directory: "usrp/host/apps"

If you're new to Unix/Linux, there are tons of great books
and articles on command line usage, the shell, system administration,
etc.  E.g., http://www.vectorsite.net/tsshell.html

If you like your information dense, you can also type

  $ man bash

and if you're printer is configured,

  $ man -t bash | lpr

will get you a nice typeset document.