Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP FPGA resource utilization

From: C S Nagaraj
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP FPGA resource utilization
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 14:24:19 +1100

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the reply.

Well, I have to decide the actual processing what goes inside the FPGA based on the resource that will be left-over.

To start with, I'll be using only 1RX to obtain the signal at a fixed bandwidth of 60MHz (+/- 30MHz at base band, I/Q sampling) sampled at 64MHz. So for this case, if I know the resource utilization it is enough as all the other cases are subsets of this case in my design.

Regards,
Nagaraj

On Nov 22, 2007 2:07 PM, Brian Padalino <address@hidden> wrote:
On Nov 21, 2007 9:36 PM, C S Nagaraj <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I'm planning to use the DBSRX with USRP board. After the frequency
> translation and filtering I want to process the samples further inside the
> FPGA, before transferring it to the host.

If you don't mind me asking, could you be a little more specific as to
what you want to accomplish?

> Could you please let me know the resource utilization of EP1C12 in the USRP
> board, assuming that I need samples at (i) 64MHz (ii) 32MHz, (two cases). It
> would help me know beforehand whether I'll be doing my part of the
> processing in FPGA or software.

Depending on the load and what your needs are (2xRX, 2xTX, 4xRX, etc)
and how flexible you need to be (one bandwidth, selectable bandwidth,
etc) the utilization varies.

With regards to your sample rate, is that the bandwidth you're trying
to process, or are you looking at less bandwidth?  What kind of
processing are you looking to do within the FPGA?  Again, a little
more information here might be more helpful.

Brian