Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP FPGA resource utilization

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP FPGA resource utilization
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 22:43:22 -0500

On Nov 21, 2007 10:24 PM, C S Nagaraj <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Brian,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> Well, I have to decide the actual processing what goes inside the FPGA based
> on the resource that will be left-over.
>
> To start with, I'll be using only 1RX to obtain the signal at a fixed
> bandwidth of 60MHz (+/- 30MHz at base band, I/Q sampling) sampled at 64MHz.
> So for this case, if I know the resource utilization it is enough as all the
> other cases are subsets of this case in my design.

To process that much bandwidth, you can't really use the CIC or the
halfband FIR filter so you're really just looking at some FIFOs to
talk to the FX2 microcontroller - the rest of the FPGA is all yours.

With all that bandwidth, I can only imagine you're looking to do some
sort of multitone/OFDM style waveform.

Brian