RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Output of usrp_rx_cfile and Input of ATSC demodul

From: Wuest Brandon-WTVR47
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Output of usrp_rx_cfile and Input of ATSC demodulator
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 17:31:20 -0500

When you specify a bit width of 8, does that not pack them in to a
single byte rather than an integer?  If I am correct in this, then I am
effectively cutting my data rate by 4, which is a huge boost.  Though I
will loose some value due to quantization noise, the point is to cut
down the chance of an under run, while maintaining the correct format
for the ATSC demodulator.

Just as if you use the flag -s, you get 16-bit values contained within a
short (2 bytes), not an entire word.