[Discuss-gnuradio] RX and TX with single USRP

From: Wolfgang Buesser
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] RX and TX with single USRP
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 14:38:03 +0100

I want to build a network analyzer using the usrp with LF-RX/TX.
I am new to gnu-radio and usrp and so far only managed to send an
receive based on the examples  usrp_rx_cfile.py and  usrp_siggen.py.
I think I pretty much understand the code.

It seems I cannot have two derivatives of gr.top_block (one for RX one
for TX) within one module?

Using class transmit_path(gr.hier_block2) and
      class receive_path(gr.hier_block2) as in usrp_nbfm_ptt.py
looks like and overkill for my purposes, as I don't need any
demodulation nor base-band filtering for my network-analyzer.

Any suggestions for a straightforward approach would be more than
welcome.

Wolfgang