[Discuss-gnuradio] MinGW install problem

From: Walker, Robert CIV NSWC Crane, WCE Aviation Systems Staff
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] MinGW install problem
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 17:44:26 -0400

Sorry if this is a duplicate...email issues.

I have a working version of GNU Radio 3.0.4 on a MinGW system and noticed that new instructions had been posted for 3.1.2 so thought I'd give it a shot but ran into the following problem when running the ./bootstrap command just after the makefiles patch:

$ ./bootstrap
configure.ac:21 <http://configure.ac:21/> : error: Autoconf version 2.57 or higher is required
configure.ac:21 <http://configure.ac:21/> : the top level
autom4te: /bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
configure.ac:21 <http://configure.ac:21/> : error: Autoconf version 2.57 or higher is required
configure.ac:21 <http://configure.ac:21/> : the top level
autom4te: /bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
autoheader: /usr/bin/autom4te failed with exit status: 1
configure.ac:21 <http://configure.ac:21/> : error: Autoconf version 2.57 or higher is required
configure.ac:21 <http://configure.ac:21/> : the top level
autom4te: /bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
configure.ac <http://configure.ac/> : `AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE' must be used
automake: your implementation of AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE comes from an
automake: old Automake version.  You should recreate aclocal.m4
automake: with aclocal and run automake again.
configure.ac <http://configure.ac/> : installing `./mkinstalldirs'
automake: no `Makefile.am' found or specified

I'm pretty sure I followed all the instructions up to that point and used all the correct file versions, but when I did an "autoscan -V" I saw that I have version 2.56 of autoconf.Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Rob
Rob Walker
300 Highway 361