Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ais-tools installation problem

From: Don Ward
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ais-tools installation problem
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 11:10:28 -0400

irene159 wrote:

Well I downloaded mysql-3.23.43, I am not sure I’ve done the right choice. I
did do some Internet research before installing it and that’s when I
realized that there are many problems with mysql running on Cygwin although
this version was said to work. Can somebody confirm?
The point is there is no libmysqlclient.dll. I run ./configure, make and
make install with no problem

Try "./configure --help" (in your mysql directory) and see if you have options like --enable-static, --enable-shared, --disable-static, and/or --disable-shared. Depending on the defaults, to build a shared library (a *.dll file on Windows---what you need) you may need to specify "--enable-shared --disable-static" on your ./configure. Look carefully in the output of ./configure and you should be able to find where it says if it is building shared or static libraries.

-- Don W.