[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: polymorphic type documentation (PMT)

From: George Nychis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: polymorphic type documentation (PMT)
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:15:43 -0400

1.  I have to check, but I think so

2. Actually, this is a slight mis-conception from my documentation which I need to fix tonight. pmt_integer() is not a public member of the PMT class. You need to use pmt_from_long(X) which will return you a pmt_t which is an instance of a pmt_integer. I need to make this clear and update my documentation.

If you look at any of the inband code or my MAC examples, you will always see pmt_from_long() and pmt_to_long()

- George

David Li wrote:
George,

Thanks for coming up with the doc so fast. This helped a lot!

A few comments:

1. In section "Constructing / Assigning a PMT": isn't pmt_list part of
this too?

2. In "PMT Conversion Methods": what's the difference between using a
"construction method" and a "conversion method" to generate a PMT type?
For example, one can use either pmt_integer(long) or pmt_from_long() to
get a pmt long type.

- David