Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] atsc_cpll finally works

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] atsc_cpll finally works
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 21:55:22 -0400

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 9:38 PM, Charles Swiger <address@hidden> wrote:
> The issue turned out to be jiggering the numbers that say "I strongly
> suggest that you not mess with these..."   * by .707 for the bit timing
> loop worked  ;)
>
> We want a complex pll so it can take data directly from the usrp
> centered on DC, w/o having to mix it up to 5.75e6 and converting to
> real for the old fpll, which was just a trick to  look like the old
> mc4020 adc boards.

Sorry, Chuck.  I am still not sure I understand the whole deal.  I am
not even sure how a PLL is being used since it's all AM and there's no
real phase information being transmitted - is there?

I was starting to read this:

    http://www.broadcast.net/~sbe1/8vsb/8vsb.htm

And it just made me more confused as to what you're trying to
accomplish using complex operations on a signal where the lower
sideband has been filtered away.

Any more help?

Thanks,
Brian