Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] benchmark_ofdm with -s 16

From: trondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] benchmark_ofdm with -s 16
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 09:09:00 -0400

> From: Mikyung Han <address@hidden>
> Hi Hoo Chang,
>
> Running this example, I think the sender is transmitting,
> but looks like the receiver cannot receive.

> some warnnings.
> Then prints "TIMEOUT"
>
> Do you have any suggestion?
> Thanks!
> Mikie

That occurs when the receiver script sees a preamble sync message but then
doesn't see anything else come through. It's a debug message that shouldn't
actually be there. It's the normal operation of the receiver when it doesn't
see OFDM traffic.

> ---------------
> Hi,
>
> when I send from the 'benchmark_ofdm_tx.py' with option -s 16, then about 200
> of the packets in the end are lost at the receiver side.
> Might it be a problem at the code, or am I doing anything wrong or missing
> something?
>
> These are the command I used:
> .../benchmark_ofdm_tx.py -T A -f 2.45G -i 512 -M 0.04 -s 16
>  (Then it transmits 2500 packets each of size 16)
>
> .../benchmark_ofdm_rx.py -R A -f 2.45G -d 256
>  (Then I get about 2300 to 2480 packets received at the receiver side)
>

> More insteresting:
> when I send the pre-saved data, which is saved from the
> 'benchmark_ofdm_tx.py',
> direct to the USRP, then about 150 to 200 packets are lost
> - that is:
> I get about 2300 to 2370 packets received at the receiver side.

16 subcarriers is a really small number to use and it's likely not being picked
up by the receiver.

Tom