[Discuss-gnuradio] mblocks and pmt_t

From: Mattias Kjellsson
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] mblocks and pmt_t
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 13:56:57 +0200

Hello all,

I'm a "long time reader, first time poster" on this list, so bare with me.

I have been trying to use m-blocks, at first just to send and receive known signals.

For sending I just used the, in the svn rev 8687, provided ~/gnuradio/usrp/host/apps-inband/test_usrp_inband_tx, which works well, I can see the sinusoid on the oscilloscope hooked up to my usrp.

The question I have is regarding the test_usrp_inband_rx.cc. In the
void "test_usrp_rx::handle_response_recv_raw_samples(pmt_t data)"- function, I try to extract the data from v_samples, but I think I have misunderstand how to use the "pmt_t" type. I tried looking at the wiki- page for the pmt_t type, but still no luck.

As I have come to understand it, it should be possible to include a gr_file_sink(...) into a mblock, but I don't see how to do that, at least not without using python (which I try to stay as far away from as possible)...

Any comments, suggestions, clarifications would be appreciated.

Cheers
Mattias  Kjellsson