[Discuss-gnuradio] Functions not recognized in cpm.py

From: Tamara Sobers
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Functions not recognized in cpm.py
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 09:13:22 -0400

Hi,

I'm new to gnu radio.  I was trying to transmit a continuous phase fsk signal using benchmark_tx.py.

When I call the benchmark_tx.py with a default gmsk, it works fine.  However, when I set the modulation to be cpfsk (cpm) it does not work.  Below is what I am entering and the output.

Input:
./benchmark_tx.py -m cpm -f 1.8G

Output:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./benchmark_tx.py", line 134, in <module>
    main()
  File "./benchmark_tx.py", line 98, in main
    tb = my_top_block(mods[options.modulation], options)
  File "./benchmark_tx.py", line 43, in __init__
    self.txpath = transmit_path(modulator, options)
  File "/home/tamara/gnuradio-3.1.2/gnuradio-examples/python/digital/transmit_path.py", line 65, in __init__
    self._setup_usrp_sink()
  File "/home/tamara/gnuradio-3.1.2/gnuradio-examples/python/digital/transmit_path.py", line 123, in _setup_usrp_sink
    pick_tx_bitrate(self._bitrate, self._modulator_class.bits_per_symbol(),
AttributeError: type object 'cpm_mod' has no attribute 'bits_per_symbol'

I looked into the cpm.py and noticed that the function to return 'bits_per_symbol' was commented out.  I then uncommented it but when I call the benchmark script it still doesn't recognize the function.  I was thinking it may have to do with recompiling or rebuilding the cpm.py script because code in cpm.py that was not commented out previously is being recognized.  I am new to python and mostly have a C++ background so I may be using the wrong terminology.  Just wondering if anyone had any ideas into how to make the bits_per_symbol function "seen".

Thanks,
Tamara