Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: set_fpga_master_clock

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: set_fpga_master_clock
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 16:17:57 -0700

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 11:45:53PM +0300, Juha Vierinen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure if anyone reads the patch list, so I will forward this here.

Thanks for the patch and sorry for the delay Juha,

There are at least a few of us who read the patch list and can do
something about them.  I just wasn't quite ready to comment or
answer the question embedded in it ;)

I'll get back to you a bit later today or tomorrow about to your
question as whether it needs to get set in the constructor or not.
I'm preoccupied with other things right now.

One quick comment: in general we're more likely to accept patches that
don't change anything more than they have to to get the job done (it
gives us less to ponder).  E.g., I'm not sure why you moved the
implementation of dac_rate et al from the header into the body.  It
appears that all you really need to change is the implementation of
fpga_master_clock_freq, since everything else derives from that.

More later...
Eric