[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: How to scan the whole ISM band?

From: Patrick Strasser
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: How to scan the whole ISM band?
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 20:21:24 +0200

Goodman Roy wrote am 2008-07-15 18:42:

However, I have no idea where the destination is. I thought I can get the data through GNU Radio and then use Matlab to draw the spectrogram to show the spectrum holes. In line 193, the connection seems without the destination.

                self.connect(self.u, s2v, fft, c2mag, stats)

Connect takes a variable count of paramters, forming a chain: self.u is connected to s2v, s2v is connected to fft and so on.
stats is the final sink and if you look at main_loop, it's read out there.

You can use a file sink to dump data to disk or a fft sink to diplay it (or both). Have a look at gr-utils/src/python/usrp_fft.py [1].

If you are unsure how to combine the both, you can find some introducing documents at the wiki [2]. I'd really recommend the Python Tutorial [3] if you are new to python.

Patrick

[1] http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/branches/releases/3.1/gr-utils/src/python/usrp_fft.py
[2] http://www.gnuradio.org/trac/
[3] http://docs.python.org/tut/
Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at student dot tugraz dot at>