Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using USRP/GNURADIO Commercially

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using USRP/GNURADIO Commercially
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 13:55:50 -0700

Rudy Moore wrote:

>> We are planning to use USRP/GNURADIO core to produce some commercial
>> products. Is this legal ? If not, how we can make it legal ?
>
> I'm sorry, but that is illegal.  You can use the USRP, but not the GNURADIO
> firmware or software.
>
> Rudy

Um, no.

GNU Radio is licensed under the terms of the GPLv3 or later.  This
license does not prevent commercial sale of products based on GNU Radio
and/or the USRP.

It does, however, have license terms which must be adhered to when doing
so.  Anyone in this situation is advised to obtain competent legal
advice (i.e., not from this mailing list.)