[Discuss-gnuradio] usrp_spectrum_sense.py in the gnuradio-example

From: Jane Chen
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp_spectrum_sense.py in the gnuradio-example
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 14:48:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I use the usrp_spectrum_sense.py in the gnuradio-example to do the spectrum sensing. The gain is 45dB. I got the mag_squared of the fft output (m.data). I think that I can treat it as power. I would like to draw the spectrogram. Does any one know the unit of the m.data in the usrp_spectrum_sense.py ?  I use the 10*log(mag_squared) and the results are between 50-100dB. I think something is wrong. The value is too large.

Thank you!
Jane