[Discuss-gnuradio] Listen to FM and receive from another band simultaneo

From: Choolo
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Listen to FM and receive from another band simultaneously?
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 03:27:31 -0700 (PDT)

Suggestions?
With an RF front end attached to the BasicRX's RX-A and RX-B inputs, I am
trying to listen to the FM broadcast band (RX-A) while scanning the 140-170
MHz band (RX-B) for transmissions (a la police radio scanner). The idea is
to have FM music playing while there are no transmissions from the "police
band". As a police transmission comes in, audio will switch to that
transmission. FM music will resume only after that transmission has ended.
I tried using the gr.deinterleave function but that resulted to a stuttering
FM broadcast audio. I ask you guys, is this possible with the setup I
described?

Cho