Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] One simple question

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] One simple question
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 23:53:56 -0400

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 11:47 PM, Murtuza <address@hidden> wrote:

> hi friends,
>
> Can anyone tell me how one can implement a block that generates a sequence
> of bits at a rate of 2Mbps. I am new to Gnuradio and working towards
> implementing a sequence generator on gnuradio. I did not find any block
> which already does this (atleast this is what i believe is true). I should
> be able to control the rate too.

I am assuming you're talking about the USRP.  If not, you just deal
with arbitrary samples within GNU Radio and it's up to you to figure
out what your sampling means.

As for the USRP, your data rates really just depend on your
interpolation rates set in the FPGA.  The master clock runs at 64MHz.

I believe the TX chain runs at 128MSPS, but I am not certain if the
last 2x interpolation happens in the AD9862 or in the FPGA.  I
recommend reading the USRP FAQ on the Wiki for more USRP information.

Brian