Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: One simple question

From: Murtuza
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: One simple question
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 11:19:06 -0500

Thanks for the replies. I think I have started to get a picture of what it really is. I want to implement a Direct Sequence Spread spectrum application for my work as I want to use it to implement a ad hoc network. I thought that, one could be implemented using Gnuradio and USRPs. I actually wanted to work towards generating a block that would generate PN sequences at the rate of 2Mbps for my work. I will be using gold codes as the PN sequences.

Is it possible to purely implement in software instead of programming the FPGA. As the rate is only 2Mbps isn't it possible to implement in  software only  given we have a good computer to work with ?

Correct me if I am wrong. I will really appreciate it.

Thanks again
Ali