Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] two byte bool, and 30 channels?

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] two byte bool, and 30 channels?
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 15:48:39 -0700

Mattias Kjellsson wrote:

> On a related matter, might you (or anybody else) know, how close to
> "release" the usrp2- libraries code is? If I re- phrase the question,
> will the things in the usrp2- trunk change fundamentally; change but not
> to much; or will things just be added? For instance adding the channels
> and so on. .

The majority of the low-level C++ interface to the USRP2 is finished,
but is Linux specific.  That's not to say there won't be changes and
additions, but the architecture won't change any time soon.  As I'm sure
you've noticed it's quite different from the USRP1 interface.

The gr-usrp2 wrappers are being written (I'm a bit behind on this,
working through a backlog of commercial contracts right now), and will
allow use in GNU Radio from C++ or Python.